Arduino BLE Shield

BLE-Shield v1.0.0 Revision B Eagle- and Firmwarefiles v1.0.1 available at GitHub

Hello everyone,

for another production run of BLE-Shields I adjusted some via distances on the PCB demanded by the assembler Seeedstudio. The resulting revision B PCB is already uploaded to my github account which can be accessed through the following link:

The firmware v1.0.1 for the revision B board is similar to the revision A one including the adjusted hardware info characteristic to reflect the updated revision. So stay tuned for an slightly adjusted BLE-Shield v1.0.0 in the not so far future.

Thanks for reading,



3 Responses to BLE-Shield v1.0.0 Revision B Eagle- and Firmwarefiles v1.0.1 available at GitHub

  1. Peter June 2, 2013 at 01:55 #

    Hello again Michael,

    I just had some new design breakout boards made ( and I placed LEDs on P1_0 and P1_1 because they are the high current pins. I can’t for the life of me make them work however. I am asking you about it because I am pretty sure you meant to do the same on your BLE shield (in fact your firmware read-me still says that the connected LED is on P1_0, when I am pretty certain it is actually on P0_0?)in the beginning stages.

    Your current bgs script says this:
    # set port 1 pin P1_0 to “0” which is used for the blue Connection LED
    call hardware_io_port_write(0, $1, $0)

    The comment says P1_0, but I am pretty sure the actual code is for P0_0?

    Did you ever have any luck turing on an LED attached to P1_0 or P1_1??


  2. Peter June 4, 2013 at 19:00 #

    Hi Michael,

    I figured out the problem. Even though you don’t specify to activate USB in your hardware config, it is being activated. That is why P1_0 goes high on start-up.

    If you place “” in your hardware profile, this no longer occurs. you may want to consider adding that to your current firmware (assuming you do not want the USB processes running in the background).

    Thanks again for the great resources!


  3. Peter June 4, 2013 at 19:09 #

    It blocked the code snippet, should be:

    usb enable=”false”

Leave a Reply to Peter Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes